Priority Regeneration Sites
The Transformation Strategy for Torbay’s Town Centres includes the following priority sites in Phase 1 of the Town Centres Regeneration Programme. A summary is provided for each site with the delivery actions that have been identified. In each case, the Council will be presented with, and asked to make a decision on, the detail of proposed development, delivery and financing mechanisms for each project.
Phase 1 Projects include:
- Upton Place (part of Torquay Town Hall Car Park)
- Harbour View (part of Terrace Car Park, Torquay)
- Refurbishment of Lower Union Lane Multi-Storey Car Park
- The Strand Townscape Improvements
- South Quay, Paignton Harbour
- Paignton Station Square Townscape Improvements
- Victoria Centre, Paignton
- Paignton Station Square area (the area around the Library, behind the Train Station and around the bus station)
- Brixham Town Centre Car Park
- Housing led regeneration, upper end of the High Street, Torquay
Please note: the images shown are simple illustrations and concepts used for soft market testing only. They are not plans which have got planning permission. When occupiers / partners are identified for each site, detailed plans will be developed, planning applications will be prepared and community / business engagement will take place.
For further information see: Transformation Strategy for Torbay’s town centres