Torbay Council and TDA are working with Torbay’s Business Forum, existing major retailers, smaller retailers, Chambers of Commerce and key business and education sectors to ensure the successful delivery of this programme.
The Love Your High Street campaign promoted shopping locally and supporting retailers in Torbay’s town centres.
Some of the major retailers that are supporting the regeneration programme are Debenhams, Boots, Hoopers and Primark.
View the Town Centre Masterplans
To ensure ongoing engagement with all partners, TDA and Torbay Council:
- Work closely with Torbay Together, and the organisations represented in that partnership, to help make the case, regionally and nationally, for investment in and regeneration of Torbay’s town centres;
- Work closely with the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership
- Hold quarterly meetings with Torbay Community Partnerships, the Chairs and Vice Chairs of Community Partnerships, Neighbourhood Forums and Chambers of Commerce;
- Regularly liaise with Torbay Business Forum and other representative organisations.
- Release regular news and articles in the local and regional press, including the Herald Express Now is the Time campaign.
- Have regular meetings with Kevin Foster MP
- Continue to have regular meetings with investors, developers and construction industry representatives