Invest in Torbay Soft Landings
This is a unique fund to encourage foreign owned companies to expand or locate, grow and create jobs in Torbay. It is available to SMEs (250 employees or fewer), which are overseas owned and committed to relocating all or part of the company to Torbay before 31st December 2020. Foreign owned companies already in the UK but with no presence in Torbay can also apply. The grant can be used against both capital and revenue costs associated with the company’s investment into Torbay, including for:
- recruitment of new staff locally
- use towards building and capital equipment costs
- new product development and R & D
Companies must match the Invest in Torbay soft landings funding with their private investment into the project as a minimum.
Applications will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- a minimum job number of 5* at a skill level of level 4 and above, to be created within 12 months of successful application.
- the value of the total investment
- that R & D is part of the project activity
- the applying company is a priority industry sector
(Photonics & Microelectronics/Marine Industries & Marine Sciences/Manufacturing/Medical & Healthcare technologies)
Applications will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a panel who’s decision is final. If successful, each company may be awarded an amount of up to £10,000 (subject to criteria).
For further information on how to apply and to discuss your investment/expansion project in more detail please contact Jason Buck, Investment Development Manager, TDA on 01803 208799 or email [email protected]